K ROAD TAPAS + BAR + RESTAURANT
- A heavy Spanish accent, with Arabic influences and a bit of Latin thrown in for good measure - Carmen’s nomadic and rebellious gypsy side comes through loud and clear in our food.
- The menu – tapas and shareables of different sizes – offers up Spanish and Moorish flavours and textures, for lovers of sunny and colourful tasty food, as well as separate dedicated menus for Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Frees.
- Opening at 5 with Happy Hour until 7, serving up tap beers, on point cocktails, Spanish and NZ wines, and loads of atmosphere!
- With a bohemian interior straight out of Seville or Havana, our Carmen fits right in to the iconic K Road, on Auckland's city fringe. Occupying the best corner spot in the neighbourhood, the evening sun streams in. A philosophy of bringing cultures together through food and hospitality means a wide range of influences, encouraging sharing and conviviality!
- The name was inspired by a couple of vintage record covers – the 150 year old opera Carmen set in southern Spain, and the 1940’s adaptation Carmen Jones – an afro-american take on the story. Taking inspiration from this pirating from one culture and putting into another, we call our own culinary corruption Eclectic Tapas…