- EARLY 2019
- Open from 4pm
Happy Hour til 7pm
Tuesdays to Sundays
• Restarting Br/Lunches after Waitangi Day — Friday 8 Feb
- CARMEN JONES
- K'Road Eatery & Bar
- A bohemian café/restaurant with an interior straight out of Havana, Carmen Jones has one foot in the old world and one in the new. Drawing inspiration from old Mediterranean Europe to the Americas, Carmen Jones fits right in to the eclectic and iconic K Road, on Auckland's city fringe.
- Occupying the best corner spot in the neighbourhood, the evening sun comes streaming in; and a philosophy of bringing cultures together through food and hospitality means a menu with a wide range of influences, encouraging sharing and colourful conviviality!
- Our name was inspired by a couple of vintage record covers we found years ago – the opera Carmen set in southern Spain, and the 1940’s adaptation Carmen Jones – an afro-american take on the story. Taking inspiration from this pirating from one culture and putting into another, our blend has both the laidback feel of the Mediterranean as well as the soul of the South.
- And really, we just loved the name.
- Our food is proudly served the way we would at home, friends and family – sharing a table, together.